Thursday, August 9, 2007

On the road again,

One of the best ways to travel is by car. Well at least to my taste, there is nothing special than the pain in your neck you get when sleeping in the back seat while driving at night to an unspecified destination. The only difference that this time we have a specific destination, Tennessee. As a family we have done trips like these for a while now and even though there are times you want to open the passenger door and jump out, it is still a great time. Well for starters my mom is hooked on her new CD player with music only she can try to sing. Every now and then she says some lyrics out of beat and nods her head to some kind of rhythm only she knows but looks funny for the rest of us. My dad on the other hand is always on business, I pulled my laptop to write and he did it to make calls to his drivers. After spending the whole night screaming at my mom for not knowing the roads, he pulls out his laptop to help his drivers get around everywhere else in the US, explain that to me. Sometimes it’s harder working with family I guess. It’s funny though, on my left is my sister and boy is she weird too. She is “sleeping” but manages to have beating rock music coming out of her iPod into her ears. If you turn it off for her to sleep she wakes up demanding that we turn it back on, again explain that to me. Well I slept and when I opened my eyes I see “Entering South Carolina,” which is always a good sign and the Hobo Joe’s advertising, along with the South of the Border ads, which I would have done differently. It is still a great experience because in the end this is how a family comes together and stays together. Today we are celebrating 27 years my parents have been married. It is times like these that you wonder, why aren’t they going alone? But it’s ok, this is why I see how family stays together, something very different from other groups. I hope when I do have a family of my own I can do these things and that my kids enjoy being part of it. My next trip is Vegas so we will see if everything is true about Vegas.

No comments: